Monday, November 28, 2011

Taipei #4 - Tuesday


Well, today broke my streak of only eating in Taipei 101. It was actually raining for a change (vs. the ever-present drizzle), and I was pressed for time, so I ended up trying out the Noodle Café in the TICC itself. We got a set of lotus root as an appetizer, and this was basically sliced thin and sautéed, along with some garlic, pretty good. I ordered some Dan Dan noodles, and they were also tasty. Cost about NT$200 including drink, so a bit more expensive than the food court, but since it was a full-service place, that’s expected, I guess. Dinner again had a benefactor, but because one of our dining companions is a bit of a picky eater, the chosen venue was Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. I’ve never had a bad meal at a high-end steakhouse like that, and this was no exception, but it certainly was in no way a local experience. If you’ve been to one, you’ve been to them all, pretty much. On the taxi ride over, we saw a store called “Skynet Lighting” but no one in the car was able to get a picture before the light changed. 

No comments: